Build a Team
Team Captain Information
WELCOME TEAM CAPTAIN!
Thank you for becoming a Team Captain for Angels Among Us. As a team captain, your job is to motivate your family, friends, and colleagues to join your team and collect donations. Our job is to give you the tools to make your team captain experience fun and rewarding.
- Pick a Team Name - Have fun with this…we have some very creative and inspiring team names. Check the "Team List" so you don't duplicate an existing team name.
- Register Your Team Online - To register a new team, click "Register" in the left side bar. Click "Start a New Team," from there the system will walk you through the process of entering your team information.
- Register Returning Team - Returning team captains must first login using the user-id and password from 2017. Once you've logged in you will see a red sentence at the top of the page with the word register in blue; click on the blue word "register." The next page asks for your team name as it was listed in 2017; click search. Search will bring up the team name, and next to it will be "bring them back" click on that. The remaining registration pages are the same as last year. You will then be directed to your participant page from last year.
- Email your team information (name, captain, address, telephone, preferred email, and who the team is "in honor of" or "in memory of") to firstname.lastname@example.org. Team communications and updates are through the website and email only.
Team t-shirts - Many teams design a special t-shirt for their team members to wear on event day; while this is a fun idea, it is not required.
Tools to help you get started:
- Team Captain Guide - This guide provides you with the steps to create a successful team; ideas for fundraising and sample letters to send to friends and businesses.
- Team Donation Form - This sheet is for you and your team members to use when asking people to make gifts or pledges to support your team.
- Matching Gifts - Tell your donors to check to see if their employer is part of Duke’s Company Matching Program. This is a great way to double their donation.
- Event Information- Below are links to fact sheets about The Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center and Angels Among Us. This is great information to give to local businesses, corporations, or individuals when approaching them for a donation. We want to keep the public informed about the research, treatments, and care given at Duke.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to print the forms on this page. You may download it for free at the Adobe website.